Lake Ziway Safari Tour Package for 2 Days
- Spaces Available: All spaces are available
- Days and Nights: 2 Days and 1Nights
- Tour Code: LZS-EBTT 02/2018
- Tour Guide:
- Minimum Participant:2 traveler and 1 Ethio Blossoms driver guide
- Transportation: Surface Drive and trekking
- Start Location: Addis Ababa
- End Location: Addis Ababa
- Type of Tour: Adventure and Nature
Highlight of the tour!
|Day 1||Drive Addis Ababa – Ziway||Haile Resort|
|Day 2||Drive Abijata Shala – Lanagano-Addis Ababa||–|
Day 01: Addis Ababa to Ziway
The tour starts with a morning drive of around 3 hours, out of Addis Ababa and south through the green Rift Valley to the lakeside town of Ziway. After lunch, you’ll look for birds near the shoreline marshes, before taking a cruise around the nesting grounds of Tulu Simbero, which means Bird Island in the local Oromifa language. You may also see local fishermen at work on traditional reed boats. You’ll then head to Debre Sina (Mount Sinai), and take a short walk to the monastery to discover the island’s history and view ancient relics and parchments. Afterwards, your guide will show you a cave system on the island that has served as a home to secret hermits, refugees and villagers’ valuables. Hiking through the island’s rare natural forest also offers excellent bird watching. After leaving Debre Sina, you will then visit Wamecha, a community protected forest on the mainland, where you can take a short hike to the top of the mountain, which offers scenic views of the lake and surrounding areas. Villagers used to use this spot to call to the people inhabiting Gelila and Debre Sina Islands. Finally, you will return to a comfortable hotel in Ziway, where you’ll spend the night.
- Meals:Lunch and Dinner
- Transportation: High Roof min-bus
- Accommodation: Haile Resort
- You will cover approximately 190km
Day 02: Ziway to Abijata – Shala
In the morning, you will have your breakfast and drive to Abijata and Shala National park.The lakes Shala and Abijat located on the opposite side of route from Addis Ababa to Shashamane are separated by narrow, 3-kilometer dam. Despite the fact that so nearly located lakes are very different in case of the ecosystem, availability of fish and birds. Shala is the deepest lake in Ethiopia, probably the deepest in Africa north to the equator – max. 266 meters and Lake Abijata is shallow – max. 14 meters. Its northern part is famous for hot waters. Abijata Shala Lakes national Park is created to protect birds, especially pelicans and flamingos. The water color resembles Ice Tea, which is a result of high density of salt. The park is believed to be one of seven most important nesting places for birds in Africa. Unfortunately, cutting the surrounding woods results in deserting of the terrain and led to degradation of the environment. However, it is still worth to see the park, especially because of impressive flocks of flamingos. After visiting the Abijata-Shala National Park you will have a lunch at Sabana Beach Resort. In the late afternoon, the tour continues to Addis Ababa.
- Meals: Breakfast and Lunch
- Transportation:High roof min-bus
- You will cover approximately 180km
- The tour program can be modified differently, rearranged, combined with other itinerary and shorten or extended to suit your interest, time and budget.
- Up on request Ethioblossoms can arrange various tour programs based on your interest.